Happy Birthday, Pastor Shaffer!!!

Happy Birthday, Pastor Shaffer!

Leave Pastor Shaffer a special birthday message
(click here to send an e-mail that will be published)





November’s "Beautiful for Thee", is dedicated to our dear and faithful pastor, as he celebrates his 60th birthday! He has been a steadfast servant of the Lord in our church, for over twenty-eight years. We are blessed to call you "the man of God". You would be the first one to say that you do not need the praise of men to keep going for the Lord, for you have proven, without doubt, that you serve Him first, and foremost.

On this birthday milestone, we cannot let it pass without expressing our
love and thanks for the example that you have faithfully lived before us all. You are a true picture of Christ and Christ likeness. Under attack, criticism and questioning, you have turned the other cheek and gone on to stay faithful to the calling wherewith you have been called. You have preached God’s Word without apology. You have counseled our families, sung and led the choir and music program of our church, even when your physical weariness may not have wanted to keep going. We have watched you. We have been encouraged by you. You have been our Moses and our Joshua and you have been the picture of Christ that we all needed to see.





From the bottom of our hearts.....we thank you for staying faithful! When others may give up, move on, become downhearted or desire a "change of scenery", you continue to show us what a faithful spirit looks like! How like the Master, the reflection of your life has been! We love you, Pastor Shaffer.


Happy 60th Birthday

Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

"You Are Beautiful To Us!"

"Being About the Father's Business"

Stick with your work. Do not flinch because the lion roars; do not stop to stone the devil's dogs; do not fool away your time chasing the devil's rabbits. Do your work. Let liars lie, let sectarians quarrel, let critics malign, let enemies accuse, let the devil do his worst; but see to it nothing hinders you from fulfilling with joy the work God has given you.

He has not commanded you to be admired or esteemed. He has never bidden you to defend your character. He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood (about yourself) which Satan's or God's servants may start to peddle, or to track down every rumor that threatens your reputation. If you do these things, you will do nothing else; you will be a work for yourself and not for the Lord.

Keep at your work. Let your aim be as steady as a star. You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered, wounded and rejected, misunderstood, or assigned impure motives; you may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends, and despised and rejected of men. But see to it with steadfast determination, with unfaltering zeal, that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being until at last you can say, "I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do."

22 comments:

Dylan and Rachael said...

Dear Pastor,

When I think of faithfulness, your name always comes to mind. You have faithfully been a messenger of God on our behalf for many years. Through your prayers and ministry, many have come to a saving knowledge of Christ. This church could not have been more blessed to have you as our shepherd. Thank you for knowing every one of your sheep's names and for caring for us as God would have you to.

Happy Birthday, Pastor!!! We love you!

Dylan, Rachael, and Gracie Coe

Anonymous said...

Happy 60th Birthday Dad!
Though the Lord is our absolute Example of faithfulness, you have been my human example my entire life. I can think of no one else who has shown me such an example of Christ, like you have. Your desire to please Christ above all and everyone else, has not always gained you popularity, but you have been faithful despite. I count it one of my greatest joys and privileges to be able to serve the Lord with you, in His church here in Larimore. Because HE has been faithful, so too, can we continue faithful until He returns. I love you!

Cherith

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday,
I just wanted to let you know how much of a blessing you are to me also through your preaching and chapels. I really appreciate you and your family and am thankful God led you to come to Larimore, North Dakota. Have a great week.
Love,
Jackie

Karen B. said...

Dear Pastor,
Thank you for sacrificing your life so that we could be so blessed. Thank you for standing firm through good and bad times. Thank you for being a true Christlike friend. I personally have been fed through the teaching and preaching. I am so thankful for what we have here! Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Pastor Shaffer,

Knowing you as a Christian brother and having you for a pastor has been a real blessing to me and my family. Have a great birthday!!!

Mark Turner

Anonymous said...

Happy 60th Birthday, Pastor. We would like to take this time to thank you for being a Pastor who does not compromise and who loves us like a true Shepherd. You are an example we can follow without appology. Your character is beyond reproach and the Lord has used you greatly over the years. Thank you for all the years you have sacrificed for NTBC and led us in the way the Lord would have you.

Have a wonderful Birthday.
Sam & Sharry Kennedy

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Shaffer,

God bless you Pastor Shaffer! I just read the tribute to you and though God did not allow you to be my pastor, I believe I know you well enough and have observed you enough to say ditto to all that I read. You have been a great example, blessing and encouragement to Juanita and me down through the years. We shall never forget our first visit with you and of course, your first and only mission trip with us! What a time that was! I believe God used it in all of our lives for His glory.

May God continue to bless you abundantly and give you many more years of good health and faithful service, should He tarry His coming!

We love you in the Lord,
Bob and Juanita Warinner

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you all the best for your birthday. You had been a wonderful pastor for me and my family for 8 years, while we were stationed in Grand Forks, ND. I do remember many good messages and being under conviction through the Holy Spirit. I do remember the strong stand you took for the Lord all the time and for challenging us to be strong and stand up for what's right, with no appoligies.

Thank you so much for helping me grow in my Christian walk.

Love in Christ,
Sabine Saunders

Anonymous said...

We welcome you to the wonderful world of 60s. We are thankful for the many years of friendship and your consistent godly example.

The Ingalls

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday wishes from sunny Arizona.

Just a note to say I appreciated your ministry at
Bible Baptist Church in EGF Minnesota in 1978
when I was saved there 30 yrs ago this November.

I was in your Sunday school class with my girlfriend
Mary who became my wife. You and your lovely wife sang at our wedding in 1980 and were a good testimony to us.

I learned a lot in the NBBI classes you taught when I attended during the 78-80 school years.

May the Lord give you many more years of service to Him in Larimore.

Sincerely in Christ
Bro Fidel Hughes and Mary
eastmesabaptistchurch.com

Anonymous said...

I want to wish you a happy birthday Pastor Shaffer. You as I am are now older than dirt. The Dead Sea was just getting sick when I was born. I found out when you get to seventy and wake up in the morning and don't hurt, you are dead.

God bless you my brother,

Brother Mike Hays

Anonymous said...

Dear Ken,

What a blessing to renew our friendship this summer after not seeing each other for over 30 years! God has been so faithful in your life over these 30+ years and you are a shining example of His grace, mercy and love to all who know you. I have great confidence that He will continue to use you and Sheryl for many more years to come. You have been a faithful witness for Him and your rewards await you in our heavenly home....just don't think much about going there yet...you have lots more to accomplish for Him before you get to 'check out', brother. You truly have earned the accolades of not only your congregation but also of God himself when He tells you, "well done thou good and faithful servant..." I am proud to know you!! And happy birthday!!!

Your friend,
Dennis Bock

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, dear Brother,

You have been a blessing and encouragement to Rae Jean and me.
Keep up the great work!

Sincerely,
S. M. Davis

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pastor Shaffer from Ohio!!



You have been such an example of faithfulness, integrity, steadfastness, compassion and love to my family over the years. Your submission to the work of Christ in that place has made such a powerful difference for a multitude of people. Only in heaven will we truly know how the testimony of our lives has impacted people. To be sure…I think your number will be in the thousands and thousands! Praise be to God for that! Thank you for all of your sacrifice and service to Him.



So on your special day-we want you to know we will always have a soft spot in our hearts and in our family history for Pastor Shaffer and NTBC. We miss you very much and keep you and NTBC in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless you!



Love in Christ,



The Brian Williams Family

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor,

I know that it is late, but I still wanted to say Happy Birthday!! Thanks for being there. Have a wonderful day.
Kathryn Poling

phelps said...

Dear Pastor,

I can't even start to explain how much of a blessing you have been to me.I will always love you.

Sam Phelps

Walking by Faith said...

Dear Pastor Shaffer,

I just ran across this blog, and I too want to wish you a Happy Birthday! I remember as a young girl spending time in your home (hi cherith!) and I remember looking forward to youth rallies at your church. Now that I'm grown with a family of my own it is such a HUGE encouragement to see you still faithful!! God bless you and your ministry!

Serving the Lord in Tennessee,
Heidi 'Schaefer' Schatz

A Ministry of New Testament Baptist Church said...

¡FELIZ CUMPLEAƑOS PASTOR SHAFFER!

You sure don't act or look your age! Actually, you look great for 5 1 0 ! We thank the Lord for the years He has given you and pray He may give you many more!

In Christ's love,
The (Almost) Mexicans
Dave and Pat Christenson

Anonymous said...

Some old friends in Grand Forks wish you a happy belated birthday. I would make some comment about your age but I'm too close to 60 myself. Might as well live it up and make the best of it...

Scott Demlow

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Shaffer:

Thank you for your friendship these past few years. Your wisdom and guidance has been so very helpful. We would like to wish you a VERY special birthday.

Blessings,

Rick & Carol Diaz

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Shaffer:

We would like to wish you a VERY special birthday. Thank you for your faithfulness and steadfastness in serving the Lord. You are a wonderful example to us all.

God Bless,

Joe & Sarah Christiansen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pastor Shaffer! From Donna Z's OTHER sister. (the younger twin) I met you twice, once in 1974 and again when I heard you preach in 1999, I still remember the sermon! (yes! I do) I don't expect you to remember me due to it being your birthday and not mine. :-) I will pray you have a blessed year ahead and many more special birthdays.
In Christ,

Cathy Warden

...a ministry of New Testament Baptist Church