Titus 2:3-5 expounds upon the demeanor that women are to have to be considered a godly example to those around them. It may read as just a list of does and don’ts to some women; something that is unattainable. But they are so wrong! We, the women of the New Testament Baptist Church, have the privilege of observing these character traits in action. They are lived out daily in the life of our Pastor’s wife, Sheryl Shaffer. Thank-you, Mrs. Shaffer, for being a pattern that we can follow. Each one of “your” ladies wishes you the best on this your birthday. We love you and thank God for placing you here as our example, our teacher, and our friend.
Happy Birthday!
----"I had a frustrating day yesterday--I put five dollars in the change machine...and I'm still me. Well, here's me wishing you a very Happy Birthday today. "Me" is Carol Hansen."
---- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I want you to know that I am thinking of you on your special day. I miss you and hope you have a fabulous day." - Hugs, Rachel P.
---- "Happy Birthday Mrs. Shaffer! I want to thank you so much for being such a blessing and a testimony for me for the last twenty years! You have always been there for me and my family! It is always nice to know that I can count on you to always be the same and never wavering. I know it isn't you but the Lord that makes you so strong and so faithful! I wish you a very wonderful birthday! I hope that your day is filled blessings!" - Love, Belinda
---- "My Dear Mrs. Shaffer - Happy Happy birthday!! Love and Hugs!" - Sarah Hansen
---- "Just a little note to wish you a very happy birthday! Hope you have a fabulous day. I sure do love you." Your friend, Nicole
---- "What a blessing to get to tell you Happy Birthday! Thank you for being a godly example and my friend. I will miss you this week. Have fun helping Cherith and know that I am thinking of you and praying you have an awesome birthday!" Love and hugs, Jean
---- "Happy Birthday to someone who has been and will continue to be my hero. Your hugs make bad things "all better now." Thanks for loving me no matter what. Thanks for pointing me to the One you have given your life for, and for showing me why it is worth it do so." - Your Anna - Banana
---- "To My Pastor’s Wife, May the Lord give you and Cherith a very special day together as you celebrate your Birthday. With a multitude of emotions over the weeks to come, may I encourage you with, “He hath made every thing beautiful in his time…” Ecclesiastes 3:11." - You are Loved, Jo-Anne
---- "My Dear Sheryl. When God created you, He blessed a whole lot of people! Happy Birthday from one of them! Have a wonderful week with Cherith and remember - I love you, Sheryl" - Your Praying Angel "I thank God for putting us both into the same little corner of His beautiful world."
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Wow, what a birthday of change, God's answer to prayer at every corner. It's a wonderful time to thank God for the blessing of you and to ask his continued strength and peace as these answers will bring major changes to your daily life. Have a wonderful special day with your daughter, may the painting go smoothly." - Love Audrey Zejdlik
---- "Happy Birthday!! Thankful for teaching us by your godly example. Titus 2:3,4" - Judy Diaz
---- "Hello and happy birthday Sheryl. Just a note to let you know I love you and am thankful for you and the fact you have given yourself away for others. You have certainly been a tremendous help to our family! Thank you for having a listening ear and words of wisdom to share. Thank you for loving unconditionally. Thank you also for supporting and enhancing the work of us parents. May you have many more fruitful years, as there are more adventures awaiting, in our walk with the Lord . I love you!" - Karen Banner
---- "Happy Birthday Mrs. Shaffer! Words can't express how much you mean to me. You have been my spritual mom, councelor, and friend all at the same time. To simply say the words "I am thankful for you" and "I love you" doesn't seem enough. I praise the Lord for you! Thank you for never giving up on this rebellious, head-strong girl. This birthday I hope you know how much I love you and I am praying you will have an extra special birthday!!" - Love and great big hugs!! Lynette
---- "Dear Sheryl, Happy Birthday, Dear Friend! I count you as one of God's Special Blessings in my life; you have taught me Sooo much! May God grant you as Special a day as You are to Me!" - I Love You Bunches and Bunches, "Little" Debbie
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer: I am so blessed to have you as my Pastor's wife. You are a wonderful Pastor's wife, a Godly woman, counselor, listener, and you are so much fun. I pray that God will bless you with a super, wonderful day." - Happy Day, Sarah Christiansen
---- "Happy Birthday Mrs. Shaffer! I pray it is a blessed on! I am so thankful for you and all you have done to help me and my family. I praise the Lord for all He has done through you and for all that He will do in the future! I am so grateful for you Godly example and your willingness to spend and be spent! The Lord has used you so greatly in my life! I love you so very much!" - Melissa Lehman
---- "I am so excited that this is your Birthday. And I am so glad that through the Blog we all get to wish you a happy day. You are a big blessing and encouragement to me. I have learned so much from you since I've been here at N.T.B.C. I am blessed beyond measure. We (the Nemoseck family) would not be where we are today if it were not for you and Pastor and the Word of God. God's word changes people. We have seen sinners like me change through the faithful preaching of the Word of God. It is exciting to see God work. Thank you for being a great example for us. We love you." - Susan Nemoseck
---- "Happy Birthday dear and precious friend! Wish I knew how to tell you how special you are to my heart. I love you more all the time and I'm so thankful God brought you into my life. Philippians 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you," - Dianne
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, I love you so much if you were a booger I'd pick you first! (0: Happy Birthday to one of my most favorite people in the whole universe." Love, Shelbie
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday, Mrs. Shaffer, with love! Happy Birthday to YOU! What a blessing it is for these times that the Lord gives us to let someone know that they are SPECIAL, LOVED, a WONDERFUL FREIND, a SISTER IN CHRIST ( Isn't exciting to know that one day we will spend eternity in heaven with Christ together!), and PRAYED FOR MUCH! And that someone is YOU!
Thank you for sharpening my countenance because you have done it much and so willingly. I hope and pray that in some little way I have sharpened yours. I love you LOTS, Mrs. Shaffer, and wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Have a great time with Cherith and am looking forward to seeing you soon." - Love and Prayers, Cindy (Lou)
---- "Home or away, we always remember you on your birthday! May it be a GREAT one!" -Hugs! Diane S
---- "A VERY BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I want to wish you a special birthday greeting and let you know how much I appreciate you and love you. You are such a large part of my life and such a great example of putting the Lord first in everything. I’m so glad you can have this special time helping Cherith get her new home ready. You will always cherish the time. Thanks for all you are and do for me and NTBC."
- Lots of love and hugs, Sharry
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Happy Birthday! We hope you have a wonderful day! We love you very much!" - Love you & miss you, The Mathis'
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Happy Birthday! You are such a blessing to me. You teach me and guide me in the right ways and have always been a good example to me. May God bless you on this special day!" - Lots of love, Carolyn Griffith
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Hello! Happy birthday! I sure miss seeing your smiling face around here. :) Have a fabulous day and don't work too hard. You are extra-special precious to me-I love you." - Your friend, Viki
---- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life. I love you very much, and am very honored to have you as a Biblical counselor. I pray that you have a great birthday. I love you so much!" - love ya, Amber
---- "To my dear friend, Mrs. Shaffer, My prayers go up for you this morning as you rise to celebrate another year of life. I thank-you for allowing that life to touch me and my family. You have been here for us through the good and the bad. Never once have we doubted your love for us. I look forward to serving God with you for many more years. Have a Happy Birthday! I love you!" - Vicki Coachman
---- "Happy Birthday Mrs. Shaffer, I just want to thank you for being such a Godly example to me over the years. You gave of your time and heart to me and countless other ladies. We all appreciate the many sacrifices you have made on our behalf. Thank you for showing the love of Christ. I love you!" - Darcy Fultz ---- "On Your Birthday, "the blessing of the LORD be upon you." (Psalm 129:8) May the LORD in his goodness continue to bless you today and every day. Love to you from me on your birthday!" - Eleanor E. |
---- "I could say "Happy Birthday, OLD friend" but I won't. Instead I send you this list of tunes for your listening pleasure..........
TOP TEN HYMNS FOR PEOPLE OUR AGE:
10. "It is Well with my Soul (but my Back Aches a Lot)"
9. "Nobody Knows the Trouble I have Seeing"
8. "Amazing Grace (Considering my Age)"
7. "Just a Slower Walk with Thee"
6. "Count Your Many Birthdays, Name them One by One"
5. "Go Tell it on the Mountain ..and Speak Up"
4. "Give me that Old Timer's Religion"
3. "Blessed Insurance"
2. "Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah (I've Forgotten Where I Parked)"
AND THE NUMBER ONE HYMN FOR PEOPLE OUR AGE IS ...........
1. "Nearer, My God, to Thee"
Birthday's are little reminders from God that life is to be CELEBRATED!!! Have a Wonderful Day" -LOVE YA ! Judi
---- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Just wanted to let you know how much you are loved. Miss you this week an hope you have a fanstatic day." - Much love and Prayers, Regina
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, Have a wonderful birthday and may the Lord bless you for your faithfulness to Him and to those of us that you have taught to be faithful to the Lord. I love you!" - Laurie
---- "Hello Mrs. Shaffer! Happy Birthday! I hope you are enjoying your day. I love you and thank God that you are my Pastor's wife. I have learned so much from you over the past few years and am thankful to have you as an example in my life." - I love you, Heather P
---- "Happy Birthday Sheryl - Sending my love and to say thank you for being a wonderful
daughter! You truly are and have been a joy and blessing to your mother... I am a very blessed mom - This birthday is much different for you than all the "camp" birthdays you have had over the years... Please know I love you and appreciate who you are and thank you for your faithful service for the Lord. Have a wonderful, fun day !!" - Many Hugs from Mother
---- "Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet and precious daughter !!" Many HUGS from your Daddy
---- "Mrs. Shaffer, Happy Birthday! I'm thankful to have a woman like you in my life, who is an excellent example of someone who goes forward in their Christian life in complete faith in Christ! Thank you for being the consistent example of a woman who has a heart for God. I love you!" - Nessa
---- "A big HAPPY BIRTDAY to you Mrs. Shaffer!!! Love you bunches and hope that your day is a special one. As I grow older I have come to love and appreciate you more and more. I love talking with you and sharing a laugh or two. We are truly blessed at NTBC for the great friend and counselor we have in you. Once again hope that your day is fabulous and think of all the people here in Larimore that will be thinking of you today." - Love, Michele Southall
---- "Happy Birthday! Thank you for being the huge blessing you are to me and my family. YOu are a very deal lady, and I hope you have a wonderful day!" - Love you lots, Ashley T
---- "Happy Birthday, Mrs. Shaffer!" - Love Sarah W
---- "Happy birthday to a very special friend. You trully are a dear friend and I love you very much. Have a very wonderful day!" -Love, Lorraine Williams
---- "Thank you for loving me and letting me serve the Lord along side of you! I love you very much. :-)" - Rachel A.
---- "Happy b-day, Mrs. Shaffer! You are so special to us in so many ways. We know without a doubt how much you love us because you go out of your way to show it. Hope today is extra special!" - Love you, Diana and Becky
---- "Dear Mrs. Shaffer, there are no words for me to express how much I love you. Ever since I was 7 years old, you have had a huge part in my life. Your example has been a huge blessing and your "always ready to give an answer" choice words have often been the very help I have needed. I love you very much and pray that you are having a wonderful time with Cherith." - I love you! Rachael Coe
---- "Happy Birthday Mrs. Shaffer!!!! I love you soooooooo much! I hope you have a fantastic day!" - Love Kristen Cobb




9 comments:
VSECHNO NEJLEPSI K NAROZENINAM!!!
Happy Birthday to you from the Czechs and the the Rettigs...have a WONDERFUL day!!!!
Happy Birthday from Sean & Lauren. We love you and wish we could be with you on this most special day (even though you insist that you no longer have birthdays). We STILL would love to be able to celebrate on this 29th birthday of yours. ;-D You are SO very special to us!
Wouldn't you know I would get this in too late! Well, better late than never, I hope... I love you more than Chocolate, Mrs. Shaffer! You are my friend.
I do pray that you have had a wonderful birthday!
How can I thank you for all these wonderful birthday greetings! You have overwhelmed my heart. I read them all with tears and once again, thanked my God for placing all of you into my life. Your words of love made my day extra special. I am enjoying these precious moments with my daughter. I'll be back soon. Love you all over the moon. Mrs. Shaffer.
Dearest Sister, Happy Birthday,
You have help us so very much. A sister can say things that sometimes i just can bare from anyone else. Your closeness to God is so apparent in everything you say and do. Thank you for always being there in prayer, service and example.
Dear Mrs. Shaffer,Happy Birthday! to a lady I have loved from the first day i met you. You glow with the Lords love on your face. I hope you have the best day ever!! We can"t express how much you mean to us!!! God bless you this day and all the days to follow!!! LOVE, Colleen Miles
To my dearest friend,
Happy Birthday to my forever friend. I know that we both have celebrated far to many of these for our candles to fit on the cake. But it has been so great having you as my friend for all these years. May this day and this week spent with your daughter be very special. I know that this next stage in your life will be so hard to see start, but yet how fantastic to share your life with a married daughter. I know that I love the times I spend with Beth and how great it is to watch our son-in-law love and treasure our daughter. You will too (once you get over him taking her away! :-)
May the Lord grant more years, energy and strength to serve Him with the same love and devotion that you have in the years gone by. Just remember that you have a friend that will always be your friend. Time and distance will never separate the bond that we share.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY and God bless you.
Love,
Your forever friend,
Jackie Wyatt
I'm sorry I missed your birthday, but I celebrate you and your friendship to me every day in my heart! You are one of my dearest friends, and I am so glad that I will spend eternity in Heavan with you! You are one of the reasons that my destination in eternity has changed, and your counsel and testimony has helped me to become a vessel that honors the Lord! Hope your day was great! I LOVE YOU!!! Janna
And, a late, but truly sincere Happy Birthday from across the ocean, Mrs. Shaffer! Thank you for being a godly example to those of us who still have young children and are just beginning (in comparison) in the ministry!
Post a Comment